[Samba] web admin ui for samba AD

Ioan Eugen Stan ieugen at netdava.com
Sat Sep 10 01:41:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm thinking about starting a web tool for managing an Samba Active
Directory - manage users, machines, etc. Managing Samba AD is my
motivation so far. The idea is to build more or less a web version of
"samba-tool". This is just an idea and so far I am exploring the
implications.

I have a strong background in Java / JavaScript. I can code in other
languages but I am not as proficient.

1. Where should I start?

2. Is there an API for doing the administrative work or do I have to
implement each operation myself?

3. Asuming I will be using Java, how can I call samba-tool actions?

4. Besides Java, what tools can I use to do CRUD on Users, Computers in
Samba AD ? Examples would be very usefull.

Note: I went over the wiki and there is not a lot of documentation. I
saw something about a python API but I'm not familiar with python and
it's not something I wish to use.

Thanks,