[Samba] still nfs mountpoints do no work as samba shares?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Sep 2 08:58:11 UTC 2016

Am 02.09.2016 um 10:46 schrieb lejeczek via samba:
> NFS box and Samba box are in separate domains and I don't know just yet
> how to make them trust each other. NFS is IPA and Samba is just own BDC.
> What even more peculiar - linux smb client also does not suffer from
> this problem. I can in Gnome edit files and do things that Win 7 refuses
> to do

most likely because the way the client works is different

many software when you press save is not acting directly with the file
but creates a new tempfile on the server and finally renames it to the
old name (with all the problems of that behavior like
owner/group-changes and refused permissions if you don't have write
permissions on the folder but on the document itself)