[Samba] Segmentation fault in samba_upgradedns - Samba 4.4.5

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 2 08:53:24 UTC 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 14:12:21 +0100
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

Trying to understand why you are getting the segfault, I set up freebsd
11.0rc2 in a VM and then installed samba44, I now know where Gentoo
gets its ideas from :)

After freebsd built everything in the chain of required packages, it
finally built Samba, I did notice two things, one it built part (or
perhaps the whole) of Bind 9.8.6 to get nsupdate and it also used Samba
4.3.11 for various libraries.

I then tried to provision Samba, big failure, ZFS doesn't seem to like
ACLs, so if somebody could tell me how to get past this, I would be
very much obliged.

Rowland