[Samba] still nfs mountpoints do no work as samba shares?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 14:11:13 UTC 2016

hi all
I remember that in the past many would say these two do not
go well together, but I wonder if situation improved now?
Reason I'm asking is because I decided to give it another
try and I have an nfs4 mount point that I make a share in
Samba 3.6.23-36.el6_8 and everything seems ok on the clients
but only - until a user want to change content of a file or
copy that file, then infamous:
"..cannot access the file because another process..."

I'm trying usual:

kernel oplocks = no
oplocks = no

but these do not do anything.
Clients are Win 7 and nfs servers runs off Centos 7.2.

I wonder if someone, perhaps an expert could say whether
situation has improved and there is a way to samba share a
nfs4 mountpoint?

many thanks,