[Samba] Fix sharing ACL

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 25 18:34:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:15:47 +0000 (UTC)
Ricardo Pardim Claus via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Dear Rowland,
> I changed smb.conf as its tip.
> username map = /etc/samba/user.map
> create /etc/samba/user.map with this content and filled the
> information.
>
> The above changes, I realized in DC and fileserver.
> Now, when I try to manipulate the permissions through Windows ACL
> method, the "Security" tab no longer displays the groups/permissions.
> Displays "You do not have permission to view or edit the permission
> settings of this object."
>
> I tried to remove all permissions with the command below, however,
> the permission is not changed:
>
> setfacl -x user: "xxxx" /mnt/data
>
> As I mixed the ACL permissions through Windows and Posix, I would
> like to remove all permissions and do it all again. Luckily, this
> server is in the testing phase. I want to work with permissions using
> Windows ACL method.It is possible to remove all permissions and
> reconfigures them again?

We were discussing a domain member, you only use the 'user.map' on a
domain member, remove it from the DC, it already has a way of mapping
Administrator to root.

As for resetting permissions, it is explained on the windows ACLs wiki
page, at the bottom of the page.

Rowland