[Samba] Member Server Different Subnet

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Oct 13 17:37:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

Am 13.10.2016 um 19:27 schrieb Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira via samba:
> My AD/DC is on subnet 10.40.11.0/24  and im putting an member File server
> at 10.4.16.2/24
>
> But im having problem to join in DC with this member.
>
> I have other members in the same ad subnet and all of them are working well.

You did not told us what problems have on your member when you join it
to the AD. And how do you join the member? Using "net" (correct),
"samba-tool" (don't use)? Or do you use any other tool like "realmd" or
"sssd"?

My guess: Is your client able to resolve the AD DNS zone? Check your DNS
settings on your client.

If this does not help, please provide more information.

Regards,
Marc