[Samba] Problem with one User after upgrade to 4.5.0

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Sun Oct 9 19:38:52 UTC 2016

On 10/09/2016 01:14 PM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 12:55:55 -0600
> "Paul R. Ganci via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>> server services -dns
> OK, I only asked because you would normally have this line in smb.conf:
> server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
> winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
> if you provision with Bind9, but '-dns' means the same.
Originally I had the line you show. But when I read the wiki and did 
what was suggested I just replaced that line with the simple server 
line. It seemed to solve the problem so didn't think anymore of it.
>> I have always been using the AD backend with winbind from day one to
>> get the UNIX attributes. It has worked just fine.
>>> <snip>
>>> I would like to take you to task over 'winbindd  which is adequate
>>> for my purposes'. Anything that sssd can do, winbind can do, in
>>> fact sssd uses some of the code from winbind.
>> <snip>
> I think I must have misunderstood what you were trying to say, because
> what you have written seems to say 'don't use sssd'.
No I was not making a statement on sssd and did not even have sssd in 
mind when I wrote what I did. I was simply saying winbind worked for me. 
As I stated I think most of the problems I might have had with sssd 
results from using CentOS 6 with the sernet-packages. It seems they 
don't play nice, but I am going to give it one more try.

Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)
Cell: (303)257-5208

More information about the samba mailing list