[Samba] GID mappings of built-in groups when addin additional dc

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 3 08:51:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 09:04:02 +0200
L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl> wrote:

> rowland, your forgetting one bug which misses the mspping of
> 'authenticate users' and SYSTEM if imap.tdb  inst synced and these
> are switched on the dc, gpo will error.
>

> bug report of achim
> im sick, cant look it up atm,
>

> involving ids 30002 30003
> well known groups something like that

I think you are referring to bug 11997, what is happening is that
authenticated users and SYSTEM do not get 'mapped' to their names, they
are just known by their ID number.
On DCs that use 'winbindd' this is not a problem, as long as
sysvolreset is run after sysvol is synced. This will reset the ID
numbers to the ones that the DC knows.

Rowland