[Samba] GID mappings of built-in groups when addin additional dc

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Oct 2 10:19:53 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 08:20:33 +0200
Trenta sis via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a samba 4.4.5 AD domain and is working perfect, but now I need
> to add a second samba 4 AD, I have found that in
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_an_additional_Samba_DC_to_an_existing_Active_Directory
> is detailed the correct steps, my question is about step related with
> winbind (tdbbackup) builtin groups, appears a message "*NOTE: Only do
> this if you are running a version of Samba before 4.2.0 or are using
> the built-in winbind.*" but I'm not sure if in my environment I have
> to make this step.
>
> I have installed and configured samba 4.4.5 from sources and only
> added
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member#libnss_winbind
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Libnss_winbind_links
>
> In my environment is needed tdbbackup when you adds second dc?
>
> Thanks

OK, you obviously didn't understand that, how about this:

NOTE: Only do this if you are running a version of Samba before 4.2.0
or if you are using a later version, that by default uses winbindd, and
you have manually changed it to use the built-in winbind by adding
'server services = +winbind -winbindd' to the DCs smb.conf

Rowland