[Samba] Reverse zones fail with secure updates

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 22 16:14:32 UTC 2016

Comments inline

Uhm.. , if you are in production dont change it but a .local (and .lan)
Are reserved by Apple's mDNS (zeroconf/avahi)

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_LDAP_over_SSL_(LDAPS)_on_a_Samba_AD_DC

> > Look here, in the advanded tcp settings of the pc.  ( or ipconfig /all )
> >
> > And is it ticked "Use this connections dns suffix in dns registration"
> > (In dhcp option 81.)
> Our routers handle DHCP.
Ok then do you routers send option 81, of the dns suffic.
If not possible, then the Group policy is you last option.

> > Or use Group policy editors.
> > - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\DNS Client
> > 	-Connection Specific DNS Suffix: enabled, and set to your.domain.tld
> > 	-Register DNS records with connection-specific DNS suffix: enabled
> > 	-Register PTR Records: enabled
> > 	-Dynamic Update: enabled
> I tried this method as well.
This works, i use a setup like this.
! Must be a computer policy, and you must reboot 2x to see if it works.

> > Or use static ips, then A and PTR are registered by the computer.
> Static IP's only register if I disable secure updates.
Due to no tls/ssl