[Samba] Reverse zones fail with secure updates

lingpanda101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:41:05 UTC 2016

On 11/22/2016 11:14 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Comments inline

I'm aware of the .local use. Unfortunately when I initially setup the
domain it was suggested as appropriate. I'm unable to pass option 81
from our routers. I'm OK with using GPO's for this. My understanding is
TLS is enabled by default but I went ahead and created a self signed
certificate anyhow. I'll point out that this behavior is exhibited
through my test environment as well as production environment.

I'm still unable to get secure PTR records in the zone. Only A records
will update when using secure. I'm also skeptical the Win 7 workstations
are even requesting that PTR records be added or updated. The Wireshark
trace doesn't appear to show any request for PTR updates(I could be
wrong). Are you able to confirm secure PTR updates work when using the
internal DNS server? This is for clients requesting the update and not
via. the DHCP server? Thanks.

--
- James