[Samba] Samba version upgrade!

Metin Koç metinkocgs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:43:51 UTC 2016

Thank you Rowland!

"Stop any running Samba binaries" resolved my problem. Actually I was only stoping Samba4 service before "make install" but this time also stoped named (dns) service as well. After "make install" named was working well but samba given alot of errors when i run ./samba-tool dbcheck

Than I restarted the server and samba came back :)
Nov 20 02:06:19 centdc01.domain.com samba[2067]:   samba version 4.5.1 started

Again,
./samba-tool dbcheck
Checked 273 objects (257 errors)

Even though Samba is still working

Than,
./samba-tool dbcheck --fix
Checking 273 objects
Checked 273 objects (0 errors)

Thank you very much Rowland!

I have another question that i couldn't add "/usr/local/samba/bin" directory to $PATH. Do you know how to do that?

By the way I'm using CentOS7

BR
Metin Koç