[Samba] DC server own hostname must be part of ad dc domain?

Mike Lykov combr at samges.ru
Fri Nov 18 11:41:49 UTC 2016

18.11.2016 15:22, Rowland Penny via samba пишет:

>> root at ad51:~# hostname -f
>> ad51.samges.ru
>> Must I have an $SERV.$ADDOMAIN hostname, like ad51.dc.samges.ru ?
> Yes
>
>> If I change hostname now, what will happen in AD domain ?
>
> Your machine will not be found.

But it can be found via DNS, why changing local (for this server)
hostname affects this?
How to fix it right?

>> Are autogenerated string written bu provision script? Are it needed?
>> (provision was 4.1.9 version)
> No, is DHCP putting it there ?? if your machine is using dhcp to get its
> ip

No, it'a a DC server and it never use a DHCP.

> Yes, you can remove them and in fact, you should remove them, they
> shouldn't be in in /etc/hosts

Ok, I'll try this
But wiki for example
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory)
suggest to add hostname to /etc/hosts:

"Verify that the host name in /etc/resolv.conf resolves to the network
IP and not to 127.0.0.1 (localhost)."

It only for precondition before join and may be deleted after?

> Yes, provided '172.16.214.151' is the ipaddress of an AD DC

Thanks

--
Mike Lykov, system administrator