[Samba] book of samba 4.1 or 4.2

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 17 19:48:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 20:34:11 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for a book in English based on Samba 4.1 or 4.2 based if
> you can 'on debian jessie. Specifically I would like to see covered
> the creation of domain users, directives as valid users = + SAMDOM \
> "Domain Users" invalid users = + SAMDOM \ "Demo Group" SAMDOM \
> foobar, gpo, share, dns. in short, a complete book full of examples
> and easy to understand. I saw the book Implementing Samba4 of the
> Marcelo Leal but more 'than using windows 2008 server to handle samba
> does not.
>
> Thank you all

Cannot say if one is available, but can I suggest reading the Samba
wiki ?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

If you are running Samba as an AD DC or domain member, then you
shouldn't be using 'valid' & 'invalid' any more. As for creating
users etc, samba-tool comes with help, try running 'samba-tool --help'

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask ;-)

Rowland