[Samba] Domain self join

Ronny Forberger ronnyforberger at ronnyforberger.de
Fri Nov 11 16:19:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I want to authenticate against Samba 4 using samba and sssd on FreeBSD
using this guide:

http://serverfault.com/questions/599200/how-to-integrate-active-directory-with-freebsd-10-0-using-security-sssd

The problem is, the machine I want to install authentication on is the
domain controller itsself.

So the following commands show the errors:

net ads join createupn=host/macy.ronnyforberger.de at RONNYFORBERGER.DE -k -d1
Host is not configured as a member server.
Invalid configuration.  Exiting....
Failed to join domain: This operation is only allowed for the PDC of the
domain.

The host role is active directory domain controller.
Any ideas how i can join the domain with this host?

Best regards,
Ronny

--
Ronny Forberger