[Samba] azure AD Connect | passwords not syncing

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Nov 14 19:00:43 UTC 2016

Hi Geert,

Thanks for sharing the good news that password syncs are working with you..!

On 14-11-2016 11:58, Geert Lorang wrote:

> We have Azure AD connect up & running fine over here, using a mix of
> Samba 4.0.6 and 4.4.4 (we're in the process of upgrading to 4.4).
>
> Just make sure your sync account is domain admin (tested, what we use)
> or has "Replicate Directory Changes" & "Replicate Directory Changes All"
> permissions (untested).

Just to verify:

- are you also using the new "Azure AD Connect"? (not the older DirSync
or Azure AD Sync)

Did you need to do *anything* special to make it work?

And, list: Are there others here who are using it, and where it 'just
worked', or is Geert the (positive) exception?

I'm not sure where to start looking, on the samba side, or on the
windows side. There are very few logs, and this Azure AD Connect is a
complicated piece of software.

MJ