[Samba] samba with customized ldap backend (fwd)

Arun Gupta arung at cdac.in
Thu Nov 10 11:52:12 UTC 2016

Sir,

My setup is able to Samba authenticate by using of SSSD or nslcd but I
have to use 102220 (numeric) instead of username.

Okay I will explore on nss-pam-ldap, let's see.

Thanks for your support/effort/suggestions.

Regards,
Arun

__________________
OK, you have a strange setup, I have suggested how you could possibly
configure sssd or nslcd and neither work.

I have also pointed out that by using sssd or nslcd, Samba is NOT doing
the authentication.

So, as far as I can see, you have two options, either change your setup
to use proper uid's or ask on the relevant list:

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/admin/lists/sssd-users.lists.fedorahosted.org/

Or

https://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/

If what you are trying to do is possible with sssd or nslcd, then
one of the links should help you, I am fairly sure you do not have a
Samba problem.

Rowland

________

--

Thanks & Regards,

Arun Kumar Gupta
Mail Administrator
HPC Infrastructure and Ecosystem Group
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Savitribai Phule Pune University Campus
PUNE-Maharastra
Phone :	+91-20-25704347
WEB   : http://www.cdac.in/

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]