[Samba] Problems with GPO

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 4 08:53:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 01:32:44 -0200
Marcio Demetrio Bacci <marciobacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bacci user is Domain Admin, because 30049 group is Domain Admin
> member. I use this user to create GPO.
>
> Following are my configurations files:
>
> *FILE-SERVER - SMB.CONF*
> [global]
>   netbios name = file-server
>   workgroup = EMPRESA
>   security = ads
>   realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
>   encrypt passwords = yes
>   dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>   preferred master = no
>   idmap config *:backend = tdb
>   idmap config *:range = 1000-3000
>   idmap config EMPRESA:backend = ad
>   idmap config EMPRESA:schema_mode = rfc2307
>   idmap config EMPRESA:range = 10000-9999999
>
>   winbind nss info = rfc2307
>   winbind trusted domains only = no
>   winbind use default domain = yes
>   winbind enum users = yes
>   winbind enum groups = yes
>   winbind refresh tickets = yes
>
>   vfs objects = acl_xattr
>   map acl inherit = Yes
>   store dos attributes = Yes
>   username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>

> *DC1 - SMB.CONF*
> [global]
>     workgroup = EMPRESA
>     realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
>     netbios name = DC1
>     server role = active directory domain controller
>     dns forwarder = 192.168.200.10
>     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>     path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
>     read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>     path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>     read only = No
>

> *DC2 - SMB.CONF*
> [global]
>     workgroup = EMPRESA
>     realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
>     netbios name = dc2
>     server role = active directory domain controller
>     idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>
> [netlogon]
>     path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
>     read only = No
>
> [sysvol]
>     path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>     read only = No

The only possible problem with your smb.conf files (and it doesn't have
anything to do with your problem) is the second DC doesn't have a
forwarder.

> I'm using "samba-tool drs showrepl" command in DC2 and the result is
> SUCCESS.
>
> Do I have need to remove the Unix attributes of all builtin users
> (Administrators, Accout Operators, Users, Guest, ...)? Do Domain
> Users, Domain Admins, Domain Computers Groups also to need remove
> Unix Attributes?

The only Group that may need a gidNumber is Domain Admins, the only
only group that must have a gidNumber is Domain Users and then only if
you use the winbind 'ad' backend on a domain member.

> Do I have just select the "None" option in the Unix Attributes tab
> (in the RSAT) to remove it?

Yes, this should remove them

> Have the accounts of the domain computers (joined in domain) must
> have the Unix attribute ?

No, I have never added them

> Is there way to remove null objects of Samba 4 ?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'null objects'

> *Others Tests*
>
> Result of "*testparm*" command:
>
> Load smb config files from /opt/samba/etc/smb.conf
> rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit
> (16384) Processing section "[netlogon]"
> Processing section "[sysvol]"
> Loaded services file OK.
> Server role: ROLE_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DC
>
> Result of "*samba-tool gpo list bacci at empresa.com.br
> <bacci at empresa.com.br>* "
>
> ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - ('Could not find a DC for
> domain', RuntimeError('NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE',))
>   File
> "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
> line 175, in _run return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py",
> line 349, in run
>     self.url = dc_url(self.lp, self.creds, H)
>   File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py",
> line 117, in dc_url
>     raise RuntimeError("Could not find a DC for domain", e)

This looks like a dns problem, plus the command should be:

samba-tool gpo list bacci

> Result of *samba-tool gpo listall*
> ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - ('Could not find a DC for
> domain', RuntimeError('NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE',))
>   File
> "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
> line 175, in _run return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py",
> line 311, in run
>     self.url = dc_url(self.lp, self.creds, H)
>   File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py",
> line 117, in dc_url
>     raise RuntimeError("Could not find a DC for domain", e

This is definitely a dns problem

Rowland