[Samba] Problems with GPO

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:32:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

bacci user is Domain Admin, because 30049 group is Domain Admin member. I
use this user to create GPO.

Following are my configurations files:

*FILE-SERVER - SMB.CONF*
[global]
  netbios name = file-server
  workgroup = EMPRESA
  security = ads
  realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
  encrypt passwords = yes
  kerberos method = secrets and keytab
  preferred master = no
  idmap config *:backend = tdb
  idmap config *:range = 1000-3000
  idmap config EMPRESA:backend = ad
  idmap config EMPRESA:schema_mode = rfc2307
  idmap config EMPRESA:range = 10000-9999999

  winbind nss info = rfc2307
  winbind trusted domains only = no
  winbind use default domain = yes
  winbind enum users = yes
  winbind enum groups = yes
  winbind refresh tickets = yes

  vfs objects = acl_xattr
  map acl inherit = Yes
  store dos attributes = Yes
  username map = /etc/samba/user.map

*DC1 - SMB.CONF*
[global]
    workgroup = EMPRESA
    realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
    netbios name = DC1
    dns forwarder = 192.168.200.10
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
    path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
    read only = No

[sysvol]
    path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
    read only = No

*DC2 - SMB.CONF*
[global]
    workgroup = EMPRESA
    realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
    netbios name = dc2
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
    path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
    read only = No

[sysvol]
    path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
    read only = No

I'm using "samba-tool drs showrepl" command in DC2 and the result is
SUCCESS.

Do I have need to remove the Unix attributes of all builtin users
(Administrators, Accout Operators, Users, Guest, ...)? Do Domain Users,
Domain Admins, Domain Computers Groups also to need remove Unix Attributes?

Do I have just select the "None" option in the Unix Attributes tab (in the
RSAT) to remove it?

Have the accounts of the domain computers (joined in domain) must have the
Unix attribute ?

Is there way to remove null objects of Samba 4 ?

*Others Tests*

Result of "*testparm*" command:

Load smb config files from /opt/samba/etc/smb.conf
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[sysvol]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DC

Result of "*samba-tool gpo list bacci at empresa.com.br <bacci at empresa.com.br>*
"

ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - ('Could not find a DC for domain',
RuntimeError('NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE',))
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py", line
349, in run
    self.url = dc_url(self.lp, self.creds, H)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py", line
117, in dc_url
    raise RuntimeError("Could not find a DC for domain", e)

Result of *samba-tool gpo listall*
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - ('Could not find a DC for domain',
RuntimeError('NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE',))
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py", line
311, in run
    self.url = dc_url(self.lp, self.creds, H)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/gpo.py", line
117, in dc_url
    raise RuntimeError("Could not find a DC for domain", e

Regards,

Márcio