[Samba] 'RPC Server is Unavailable' when updating GPO

gespi giancarlo at citizen.co
Wed Nov 2 16:38:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Researched the forums before posting but was not able to find solution to my
issue. Could be a unique problem.

 GPO's are not being applied to users and computers because 'RPC is
unavailable'. The GPO's were being applied before, but not sure what
happened. Started noticing this once I binded a new instance of Windows 10
to the SambaDC and the machine nor user were picking up the GPO's. When  I
run gpupdate /force there is no error given but when right clicking on the
OU and running 'Group Policy Update..', it shows failed and the RPC error
mentioned above. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

<http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/file/n4710461/Selection_001.png> .

Any help would be appreciated.