[Samba] After some time 4.3.9 Member Server in different Subnet than ADS controller loses trust

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu May 26 07:24:43 UTC 2016

Hai Thomas.

Its not that hard to get a good 4.4.3. here is how to do this.

And is really easy, as long you dont run into compile problems.

I’ve tested below in debian jessie, and should work on ubuntu also.

The short/simple rebuild a samba version from debian jessie to ubuntu.

## 1

## Get the packages needed for a rebuild.

sudo apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends devscripts dpkg-dev build-essential fakeroot debhelper dh-systemd

## !! KEEP NOTICE OF THE ORDER HERE, ITS VERY IMPORTANT !!

## Get the source packages needed for a samba rebuild.

PACKAGES="libtalloc-dev libtevent-dev libtdb-dev libldb-dev libcmocka-dev libnss-wrapper libresolv-wrapper libuid-wrapper socket-wrapper samba"

## 2

# add the jessie sources

echo "deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-stretch.list

## 3

# update and install needed build software.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends devscripts dpkg-dev build-essential fakeroot debhelper dh-systemd

## 4

# Get the sources to rebuild (a one liner)

apt-get source $PACKAGES

## 5

# now per package and keep the order of the PACKAGES line.

# get the build dependecies.

sudo apt-get build-dep libtalloc-dev

## 6

# cd the extracted folder.

cd talloc-...

## 7

# change the change log.

dch –n “No changes.”

## 8

# rebuild the package.

cd ..

apt-get source –b libtalloc-dev

# Result, debs in this folder.

# next package, as of here repeat step 5-6-7-8 for every packages.

# One thing..  nss-wrapper  when your there to compile that one, then run :

sed -i 's/libcmocka-dev/libcmocka-dev (>= 1.0.1~)/g' debian/control

dch -n "Changed debian/control depends on cmocka 1.0.1~."

# Now one example. Repait step 5 for libtevent-dev.

libtevent-dev wil complaint about missing dependecies.

( you just compiled them ( the libtalloc-dev ..)

So look at whats missing and install manualy with dpkg –i XXX.deb or setup a local file apt.

# a simple local file apt.

# apt-get install apache2

# a very simple local file repo.

mkdir -p /var/www/html/ubuntu/local

echo “deb [trusted=yes] http://localhost/ubuntu/ local/” | tee –a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/localrepo.list

# OPTIONAL step 9 for every rebuilded package.

HERE=`pwd`

cp *.deb /var/www/html/ubuntu/local

cd /var/www/html/ubuntu

dpkg-scanpackages local /dev/null | gzip -9c > local/Packages.gz

apt-get update

cd $HERE

I suggest start here and wait untill a 4.4.x version enters ubuntu.

Greetz,

Louis