[Samba] After some time 4.3.9 Member Server in different Subnet than ADS controller loses trust

Thomas Burger (tburger@eritron.de) tburger at eritron.de
Thu May 26 05:36:12 UTC 2016

Hello Louis,

thanks for your answer. I was afraid of an answer like this though. I
hoped to stay with the distribution packages so a maintenance is more
comfortable and easier.

At least a manual installation of 4.4.3 looks quite complicated to me. I
am not unexperienced in terms of Linux but have not risked it yet to
compile software.

What I have found is this guide:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/basicnet/samba.html

Is this the approach you would take as well? Are there any packages
maintained I can use "right away" for the underlying Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I
am using? My research was not successful and it seems from the Ubuntu
side none are provided newer than 4.3.9. Even on the 16.04 LTS branch.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Thomas