[Samba] TDB changes between 3.0 and 3.6

Rob Marshall rob.marshall17 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:36:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

For reasons I'll explain below for those interested, I need to downgrade
Samba from 3.6.16 to 3.0.36. Are there changes to the TDB files that will
cause problems when I do this? And if there are, is there a relatively easy
way to fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

Boring description of why I need to do this: I support a product that is
based on Linux and includes Samba to provide CIFS support. The version of
the OS is old and it's not possible for me to upgrade to a newer version
without significant time, effort and management buy-in (which I don't have
due to the costs to the company). A recent security issue has forced me to
but it was based on Samba 3.0.x. I had been including 3.6.16 with my
product because I had tried to resolve security issues in the past by using
a more recent Samba version. So now I have customers who've been running
3.6.16 and I need to downgrade them to 3.0.36. I know it was probably a bad
idea to start using 3.6.x way back when and I should have always gone to
the OS vendor for fixes, but now I'm between a rock and a hard place. I
would appreciate any help.