[Samba] TDB changes between 3.0 and 3.6

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 20 17:54:29 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:36:51AM -0400, Rob Marshall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For reasons I'll explain below for those interested, I need to downgrade
> Samba from 3.6.16 to 3.0.36. Are there changes to the TDB files that will
> cause problems when I do this? And if there are, is there a relatively easy
> way to fix it?

Unfortunately the implicit schema in Samba tdb files is only
updated on upgrade between versions. When downgrading from 3.6.x
to 3.0.x there'll be a bunch of format changes that mean the
tdb file no longer work.

As this is an unusual and not recommended activity we
don't provide tools to fix this. You'll have to look
through the data formats by hand and try and write
scripts using tdbtool to fix them up.

Sorry I don't have better news :-(.