[Samba] smb_set_file_dosmode error: BUG after update to samba4-4.4.2

Markus Dellermann liml at use.startmail.com
Thu May 19 18:10:40 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2016, 13:19:43 CEST schrieb Robert K. Nelson:
> On 05/19/2016 11:57 AM, Rowland penny wrote:

> >> Yes, we are using an "unofficial" repository on this machine. In
> >> fact, the following Samba repositories are configured:
> >>
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jniltinho/openSUSE_13.2
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/TESTING/openSUS
> >> E_13.2
> >>
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/openSUSE
> >> _13.2
> >>

> >> The rpm samba4-4.4.2-1.1.x86_64.rpm is being taken from the first of
> >> these, which has been working quite successfully for us.
> >>
> >> The newest version of this repository is for OpenSuSE Leap 42.1 at
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jniltinho/openSUSE_Leap_4
> >> 2.1/x86_64/
> >>
> >> but it still uses the 4.4.2 version.

[...]

> >> Bob Nelson
> >
> > If you run 'samba -V' do you get any output ?
> > Does samba-tool exist ?
> >
> > If the answer to either or both is no, then you cannot have an AD domain.
> >
> > Rowland
>
> The answer to both is no, which has to be, since I'm using Samba4 AD for
> unified login, windows access to Linux files, and for DNS resolution.
> Thanks to all concerned for this incredible useful too.
>
> They work fast in Brasil! Right after I asked, Nilton OS added Samba
> 4.4.3 to his OpenSuSE repositories. I installed it and checked it:
>
> ascpc21:~ # samba -V
> Version 4.4.3
>
> Still failing. In fact now I see both sys_acl_set_file and
> sys_set_file_dosmode errors. The log file reads:
>
> [2016/05/19 12:41:56.327435,  2]
> ../source3/smbd/close.c:780(close_normal_file)
>    ASC\jnitz closed file
[...]
> How can I help straighten this out? Could this be an issue with kerberos
> versions?
>
> Bob Nelson
If i understand right,
you have three repos for samba und two of them are using a different file-
hierarchy for ad & file-service on one server.
This "samba4 -rpm" seems to put all under "/opt/...", where the other repos /
opensuse nothing else installs..
Don`t know, if this mixed libs,etc ... can be a problem.
BTW: i wouldn`t use stable and testing -repo parallel..

Maybe it`s easier to split ad & file-server and look again...

Markus