[Samba] smb_set_file_dosmode error: BUG after update to samba4-4.4.2

Robert K. Nelson rnelson at airflowsciences.com
Thu May 19 15:16:56 UTC 2016

On 05/19/2016 03:16 AM, Markus Dellermann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2016, 17:10:13 CEST schrieb Rowland penny:
>> On 18/05/16 16:16, Markus Dellermann wrote:
>>> Not related to your Problem, but are you sure, that this repo really
>>> provide ad-dc - funktionality??
>>>
>>> Markus
>> It looks like you are right, there is also these lines:
>> Rowland
> Hi,
> for the record,
> it is possible to build own packages on opensuse-build-server for several
> distros.
> So there are one or two inofficial repos with ad-dc enabled samba-packages for
> opensuse..
> Maybe not pefect, but works good for me
>
> (...eventually really a good place to do this for different distros...)
>
> Markus

Yes, we are using an "unofficial" repository on this machine.  In fact,
the following Samba repositories are configured:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jniltinho/openSUSE_13.2
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/TESTING/openSUSE_13.2
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/openSUSE_13.2

The rpm samba4-4.4.2-1.1.x86_64.rpm is being taken from the first of these, which has been working quite successfully for us.

The newest version of this repository is for OpenSuSE Leap 42.1 at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jniltinho/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/x86_64/
but it still uses the 4.4.2 version.

I'll contact Nilton OS to see if he plans to update to 4.4.3, so I can check out Rowland Penny's suggestion that this problem may be solved in that version.

If, not, I suppose I could diff the Nilton version of 4.4.2 and the standard version to figure out how to modify the 4.4.3 version to run under OpenSuSE.

Bob Nelson