[Samba] smb_set_file_dosmode error: BUG after update to samba4-4.4.2

Markus Dellermann liml at use.startmail.com
Thu May 19 07:16:22 UTC 2016

Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2016, 17:10:13 CEST schrieb Rowland penny:
> On 18/05/16 16:16, Markus Dellermann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am 18.05.2016 um 15:39 schrieb Robert K. Nelson:
> >> We are using samba4 as an AD controller under OpenSuSE 13.2 using the
> >> repository at:
> >>
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/TESTING/openSUS
> >> E_13.2>
> > Not related to your Problem, but are you sure, that this repo really
> > provide ad-dc - funktionality??
> >
> >  From the spec-file:
> > "%global with_mitkrb5 1"
> > "%global with_dc 0"
> >
> > "%if ! %with_dc
> >
> >      --without-ad-dc \"
> >
> > Markus
>
> It looks like you are right, there is also these lines:
>
> %exclude %{_mandir}/man8/samba-tool.8.*
> %exclude %{_mandir}/man8/samba.8.*
>
> It seems the manpages for samba-tool and the 'samba' binary aren't
> installed and the only reason for that would be if 'samba-tool' and the
> 'samba' binary aren't installed.
>
> I should have engaged brain before posting, Suse, just like RHEL uses
> MIT instead of Heimdal kerberos and therefore doesn't have the AD DC
> stuff in its Samba packages.
>
> Rowland
Hi,
for the record,
it is possible to build own packages on opensuse-build-server for several
distros.
So there are one or two inofficial repos with ad-dc enabled samba-packages for
opensuse..
Maybe not pefect, but works good for me

(...eventually really a good place to do this for different distros...)

Markus