[Samba] Office 365, Windows 10 and Samba AD

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Mar 22 13:07:09 UTC 2016

Am 2016-03-22 um 10:45 schrieb Garming Sam:
> Hi,
>
> As you should know, 3.x is out of support. Assuming this is related to
> the KB2992611 MS update, basically the bar was raised for clients in
> response to a security issue, and caused havoc for people on Windows as
> well. In order to fix 3.x, a good chunk of the infrastructure written
> for Samba 4 (AD) would likely have to be moved across because the bar
> really just has been raised unfortunately. There really isn't any
> trivial fix, besides uninstalling the KB2992611 but I wouldn't really
> recommend it as it probably exposes you to a serious security
> vulnerability.

Thanks for pointing this out.

To keep the momentary changes as small as possible I consider upgrading
to samba-4.x at first, without touching the NT4-style domain for now.

gentoo linux provides samba-4.2.9 as unstable package, I assume this
would run OK as well for our rather simple use case. Would the move to
4.2.9 help around that specific bug as well?

thanks for helping, Stefan