[Samba] Office 365, Windows 10 and Samba AD

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Mar 22 09:45:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

As you should know, 3.x is out of support. Assuming this is related to
the KB2992611 MS update, basically the bar was raised for clients in
response to a security issue, and caused havoc for people on Windows as
well. In order to fix 3.x, a good chunk of the infrastructure written
for Samba 4 (AD) would likely have to be moved across because the bar
really just has been raised unfortunately. There really isn't any
trivial fix, besides uninstalling the KB2992611 but I wouldn't really
recommend it as it probably exposes you to a serious security vulnerability.

Cheers,

Garming Sam

On 22/03/2016 6:07 p.m., Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 2015-10-02 um 09:07 schrieb Dirk Laurenz (Samba Mailinglisten Account:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i managed to create a level 10 debug log - bug id 11538
> I hit this bug yesterday in a NT-based domain with samba-3.6.25.
> Is there any patch or workaround for samba-3.x as well? The patch in the
> mentioned bug does some LDAP-change ... I don't have any LDAP there.
>
> Sure, migration to samba-4 and/or ADS-based domain has to be sooner or
> later, I assume ;-)

---