[Samba] Failed to modify SPNs on error in module acl: Constraint violation during LDB_MODIFY (19)

Markus Dellermann li-mli at gmx.net
Sun Mar 13 23:44:47 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, 10. März 2016, 10:41:34 CET schrieb mathias dufresne:
Hi, Mathias and all
thank you for your answer.
> Hi all,
>
> SPN = servicePrincipalName
>
> A simple search returning all servicePrincipalName declared in your AD:
> ldbsearch -H $sam serviceprincipalname=* serviceprincipalname

For me:
ldbsearch -H
/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb serviceprincipalname=* serviceprincipalname

> An extract from result concerning a lambda client:
> # record 41
> dn: CN=win-client345,OU=Machines,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=tld
> servicePrincipalName: HOST/MB38W746-0009
> servicePrincipalName: HOST/MB38W746-0009.ad.domain.tld
> servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MB38W746-0009.ad.domain.tld
> servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MB38W746-0009

An affected client:
# record 6
dn: CN=MACHINE1,CN=Computers,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=domain,DC=tld
servicePrincipalName: HOST/ MACHINE1.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: RestrictedKrbHost/MACHINE1.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MACHINE1
servicePrincipalName: RestrictedKrbHost/MACHINE1
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE1.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE1

Not affected:
# record 19
dn: CN=MACHINE2,CN=Computers,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=domain,DC=tld
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MACHINE2
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MACHINE2.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE2.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE2

Not affected:
# record 8
dn: CN=MACHINE3,CN=Computers,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=domain,DC=tld
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MACHINE3
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MACHINE3.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE3.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MACHINE3
servicePrincipalName: RestrictedKrbHost/MACHINE3.ad.domain.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: RestrictedKrbHost/MACHINE3

I see no big differences..
maybe except
"servicePrincipalName: RestrictedKrbHost/MACHINE1.ad.domain.domain.tld"

Does the entry order matters?
> I would start checking rights using security tab of your client machine
> into ADUC tool to verify "SELF" is well configured (comparing with some
> other machine not generating these logs).

No differences between the rights, but in "Attribut-Editor"
Affected Clients have not set:
- displayName
- uidNumber

> When this kind of message happens? When you add new client or when client
> boots or randomly?

For me it only occurs, when two of our clients boots.,
> Not sure that helps, I tried ;)

Thank  you!
(After holiday i will try to look deeper)

Markus