[Samba] Failed to modify SPNs on error in module acl: Constraint violation during LDB_MODIFY (19)

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:41:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

SPN = servicePrincipalName

A simple search returning all servicePrincipalName declared in your AD:
ldbsearch -H $sam serviceprincipalname=* serviceprincipalname

An extract from result concerning a lambda client:
# record 41
dn: CN=win-client345,OU=Machines,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=tld
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MB38W746-0009
servicePrincipalName: HOST/MB38W746-0009.ad.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MB38W746-0009.ad.domain.tld
servicePrincipalName: TERMSRV/MB38W746-0009

I would start checking rights using security tab of your client machine
into ADUC tool to verify "SELF" is well configured (comparing with some
other machine not generating these logs).

When this kind of message happens? When you add new client or when client
boots or randomly?

Not sure that helps, I tried ;)