[Samba] use linux user account information on samba

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Mar 12 12:00:09 UTC 2016

On 12/03/16 11:22, Michael Stockenhuber wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for the eply. I have a separate ldap server. Of course I have been on
> the samba wiki, but I am struggling to find how to integrate samba
> authentication with the unix authentication.

If you have set up Samba4 as an AD DC and you are now running an AD
domain, you don't integrate samba authentication with the Unix
authentication, you do it the other way round :-) .
You should have all your users, groups etc in AD and then set up your
domain members to get their data from AD, see here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member

>   Now the problem I (probably) have
> is how to integrate nslcd with samba.

You do not need to use nslcd or sssd, you can just use winbind, the only
problem is when you try to use the DC as a fileserver (which is not
recommended), but this can be worked around.

Rowland