[Samba] use linux user account information on samba

Michael Stockenhuber mcs at catalysis.at
Sun Mar 13 06:44:17 UTC 2016

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply. I have gone through the samba wiki in particular
the section on nslcd with kerberos, all the setup of dc and member server to no
avail.  Nothing is obviously wrong for example "getent passwd" gives me all the
linux users nd also the Samba users with "DOMAIN\username" names.
Now if I do:
smbclient //server/netlogon -U"linux_user" -c 'ls'
Enter Linux_user's password:
Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.17-Debian]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

If I do

smbclient //server/netlogon -U"samba_user" -c 'ls'
Enter samba_user's password:
Domain=[Domain] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.17-Debian]
  .                                   D        0  Mon Jul 13 21:40:02 2015
  ..                                  D        0  Sat Mar 12 14:05:28 2016

		46672 blocks of size 524288. 20658 blocks available

On question 4, I use a separate ldap server which also serves nfs4.
Any ides?
Thanks for the help
Cheers
Michael