[Samba] Fetching ACL data from extended attributes

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 8 21:31:01 UTC 2016

On 08/03/16 21:00, Steve Tice wrote:
> A Samba server I've configured uses the VFS acl_xattr module to support Windows ACLs. I'd like to view the ACL data, in as raw a state as possible, but also in a human readable format. Is there an existing utility that does that? If not, and I need to write an application to accomplish it, which APIs would you recommend (and on which attributes)?
>
> Thanks,Steve Tice

I take you are talking about share ACLs, if this is the case, then you
may be talking about the acl tools 'setacl' & 'getacl'

To get the ACLs on sysvol

root at dc1:~# getfacl /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
# file: usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
# owner: root
# group: BUILTIN\134administrators
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
group::rwx
group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
group:3000002:rwx
group:3000003:r-x
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:user:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
default:group:BUILTIN\134server\040operators:r-x
default:group:3000002:rwx
default:group:3000003:r-x
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---