[Samba] classicupgrade migration issues

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 7 21:38:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 14:04 -0500, Sonic wrote:
> Sorry for the long post but attempted this several over the past year
> with no success but staying on an NT4 domain is no longer viable.
> Need
> to get this resolved so hopefully there will be a clue somewhere in
> this montage.

The big issue that you face is that Samba hasn't, until now, had an
fsck for the databases.  That means that when we go to upgrade, for the
first time we are being strict.

Also just check you have the unix users and groups that you are trying
to upgrade.

> Problems I see:
> samba-tool dbcheck
> Checking 573 objects
> Bad talloc magic value - unknown value
> Aborted

This is a serious issue in our code.  I'm working on it, but if you
could save that DB aside, I would like you to run a new Samba branch on
it if you can, to see if we can instead give a good error or confirm
I've addressed the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--