[Samba] classicupgrade migration issues

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:34:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Rowland penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:
> Please don't use Samba from git for anything other than testing, I would
> suggest using the latest 4.4.0rc version from here:
> https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/rc/samba-4.4.0rc3.tar.gz

Other failed attempts were with releases so I'm doubting that's the issue.

>> For reference samba-master was configured:
>> "configure --disable-cups --disable-iprint --without-quotas
>> --disable-avahi --with-systemd --without-ntvfs-fileserver"
> I would suggest that you just run './configure && make && make install'

Do you see something wrong with my configure arguments? Certainly none
of the stuff I removed should be needed with an AD, plus as the init
type is systemd I do need that.

> Can we (as a start) see the smb.conf from the original 'PDC'

Here's the version used for the migration (just shortened it up and
left the salient parts):
=====================================
[global]
       workgroup = EXAMPLE