[Samba] Samba AD/DC crashed again, third time in as many months

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Mar 2 17:39:59 UTC 2016

Am 02.03.2016 um 18:07 schrieb IT Admin:
> No, no schema adjustments.  This is the only domain controller, there have
> been no changes to this domain since I rebuilt it about a month ago.  Samba
> keeps failing like this almost every month.

Can you tell us some more information about your environment
* Samba DBs are stored on a local HDD, NFS, Gluster, iSCSI,...
* Is the AD only used for authentication? Or do other applications are
connected, too? Especially if there are any that are trying to write to AD
* How do you do changes in AD? ADUC? samba-tool, other tools?
* etc.

Regards,
Marc