[Samba] Samba43 ACL's issues

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at datacontrolsystems.com
Thu Jun 23 02:28:27 UTC 2016

DCs seem to do odd things, that member servers don't, when it comes to file
serving.  That's why the Samba team recommends to not do file serving on a
DC.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Introduction

I've found that on a DC, the create mask, force create mode, directory
mask, and force directory mode will be ignored unless nt acl support option
is set to no.

nt acl support = no

I'm not sure what other consequences this may have with your setup, so
you'll just have to experiment.

Mike E.