[Samba] Samba43 ACL's issues

Juan Garcia juan at ish.com.au
Thu Jun 23 01:18:42 UTC 2016

On 21/06/2016 10:22 PM, Mueller wrote:
> What about this in your global section
> create mask = 770
>          force create mode = 770
>          directory mask = 770
>          force directory mode = 770
>
> Greetings
> Daniel

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your response. Those settings are already in my
smb4.conf

  Global parameters
[global]
         interfaces = 192.168.1.100
         bind interfaces only = yes
	workgroup = CW1
	realm = DOMAIN.NAME.COM.AU
	netbios name = SERVER1
         dns forwarder = 192.168.1.1
         printing = bsd
         server services = s3fs, rpc, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns
         dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver
         restrict anonymous = 1
         vfs objects = acl_xattr
         map acl inherit = Yes
         store dos attributes = no
         unix extensions = no
         inherit acls = yes
         inherit permissions = yes
         ea support = no
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         browseable= yes
         writable = yes
         read only= no
         create mask = 770
         force create mode = 770
         directory mask = 770
         force directory mode = 770

The problem is not about accessing folders, we want to be able to assign
to an specific folder different permissions inside the same file share

Let's say I have this set up:

Share:
Public/

Subfloder:
Public/folder1

Required Permissions:
DM\user.one -> full access
DM\user.two -> readonly

So in windows with an administrator account I right click on the folder
to assign this permissions on the Security tab, right after I hit
"apply" I get:
An error occurred while applying security information to:
Public/folder1
The parameter is incorrect

Any ideas?