[Samba] id shows only primary group on domain member server

Thu Jun 16 06:29:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 02:33:22PM +0200, Daniel Thielking wrote:
> know I have another problem. I compiled samba 4.4.4 on a Centos 7.2 Server
> no special options for ./configure.
> Afterwards I followed the article from mentioned below wiki article below,
> to join Centos 7.2 as an member server to our existing AD.
>
> WIKI Article:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_Samba_as_an_AD_Domain_Member
>
> Now, if i type id USERNAME I only get the users UID, GID and only the GID as
> the supplementary Group no more groups are showing up. What have I missed?

What happens if you do a "wbinfo -a <username>" successfully first?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de

SerNet & BSI laden ein: 29. Juni 2016,
2. IT-Grundschutztag 2016, BPA Berlin.
Anmeldung: https://www.sernet.de/gstag