[Samba] Samba4 Domain Member Server "Getent show diferents UID"

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 14 18:00:16 UTC 2016

On 14/06/16 18:46, Juan Ignacio wrote:
> Yes, im run ´´net cache flush´ on ADDC and MEMBER SERVER.
>
> Im using Win10, And Win7

OK, if you are running RSAT on a windows 10 machine, can I suggest you
use a windows 7 machine instead, it is my understanding that win10 no
longer has the Unix attributes tab.

If you use ADUC on a win7 machine, you can install IDMU, this will get
you the Unix attributes tabs, when you add a UID to a windows user, it
will also add these attributes:

unixUserPassword
uid
msSFU30Name
msSFU30NisDomain
uidNumber
unixHomeDirectory
loginShell

Domain Users also needs to have a gidNumber attribute

If everything is setup correctly, you should get the same UID for a user
on a DC or domain member.

Is /etc/nsswitch.conf set up correctly ?

Rowland