[Samba] wbinfo -u and -g gives no output

Dennis Xu dxu at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 9 14:17:07 UTC 2016

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I did clone the server. After the clone, the server was not join to domain automatically, then I join the server to the domain separately. I did not change the local sid. Should I change that?

Actually I followed this process to clone the first server and that server did not have the wbinfo -u issue. Then I tried to clone other servers then I started to see this issue. I also recently did a fresh install for a server and I have the same issue for that server as well.

I have attached the smb.conf and winbind logs(in debug level 10 and after "wbinfo -u" was issued).

I use Samba for FreeRADIUS integration to authenticate PEAP MS-CHAP2 wireless authentications against AD. The server seems still can authenticate users. I am not sure if this "wbinfo -u" issue will cause any authentication issues.

Dennis