[Samba] access denied with "hide dot files = Yes"

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:23:26 UTC 2016

File server : samba 4.4.3 connected to AD.

First test:
Client : linux box, using locally declared user to create file, AD user to
mount the share.

With that linux client and the usage configuration described when I create
a file I get "permission denied" error and the file is created. It is
created owned by AD user (the one mounting the share), not by locally
declared user.

Second test:
Client : Windows 7 connected to AD. User mounting the share is the one
connected to the client and is declared into AD.

Creating a file with a dot as first character does not give me error.

This happens with or without "hide dot files = yes".

Hoping this could help you to find root cause of your issue...

mathias