[Samba] Using Samba4 AD to authenticate users of other Linux services (SSH, Mail, etc.)

MI mi.lists at alma.ch
Fri Jul 8 09:03:23 UTC 2016

Thanks.

pam-ldap is what I have now (libpam-ldapd 0.9.4-3+deb8u1) and which worked with openldap.

I do have UIDs/GIDs, which seem to have been preserved in the classicupgrade:

    # ldbsearch -H ldap://localhost -U Administrator -b
    "CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=mydomain,DC=tld" ...

    # record 75
    dn: CN=tobias,CN=Users,DC=ad,DC=mydomain,DC=tld
    cn: tobias
    name: tobias
    sAMAccountName: tobias
    displayName: Tobias Xyz
    uidNumber: 1038
    objectClass: top
    objectClass: posixAccount
    objectClass: person
    objectClass: organizationalPerson
    objectClass: user
    unixHomeDirectory: /home/tobias
    gidNumber: 513

Maybe I only need some simple settings somewhere to use the Samba4 LDAP instead of
openldap?