[Samba] Using Samba4 AD to authenticate users of other Linux services (SSH, Mail, etc.)

Yvan Masson yvan.masson at openmailbox.org
Fri Jul 8 08:22:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but here are some possibilities:
- as Louis said, use ssh-krb5 to authenticate through AD's Kerberos
(never tried that, interesting to know)
- install pam-ldap to authenticate through AD's LDAP (never tried)
- if you issued "net ads join..." to integrate the box to your domain,
you can use pam-winbind to authenticate
- you can also use sssd to integrate the domain and then pam-sss to
authenticate (maybe the easiest, but then impossible to use samba to
share files or printers)

Personnaly I use the 2 lasts. Those implies that your Linux box is
integrated to the domain (which can be good or not).

Regards,
Yvan