[Samba] getfacl not have domain name and samba4 not work correctly

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:34:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

First I won't read the end. Notepad or something as clever as that tool put
data on big lines, which is unreadable.

Now and to stop complaining, the fact AD user names are displayed with or
without WORKGROUP\ is not an issue: the display is local to the system,
managed by Samba (or Winbind[d]) and so the local Samba should act
accordingly to what is configured into smb.conf relatively to the fact work
group is displayed or not in user name.

Not sure it is clear :D

Anyway: to change that behaviour and get id, getfacl... your system showing
WORKGROUP\username rather than username I think the smb.conf option is
"winbind use default domain = yes".

If you are not using Winbind, the replacement tool should also come with
that option.