[Samba] Wiki: Standalone server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jan 5 15:33:41 UTC 2016

> But I used "Bad User" in the Wiki guide. Same they do on the archlinux
> Wiki and using this, I don't see any popup asking for credentials here.
>
> So what exactly do you want to tell us? :-)
>

> Regards,
> Marc

[L.P.H. van Belle]

What im trying to say is the following.

There are 2 ways to setup a "passwordless" login.

With the use of "Bad User" and "Bad Password"
.. Now im reading "bad user" also in the archwiki. Arg..
sorry thats my dyslexia, sorry for that mis info, but this makes not changes..

on subject again..
I dont say one of these if wrong, but i do say :

If you want an quick and easy setup for a home server without configuring any user, the option "Bad Password" is a better choise.
Thats why i'am suggesting it, so it would be nice to mention the "bad password" options also on the wiki.

I know from experience from here and other forums, people dont get the user setup and make other errors, do helpout on some dutch forums also.
And its always the same problem. People dont get it..

Yes, "Bad Password" is less secure, the worst you can choose, but the most easy to setup a simple home server and is only adviced in a home server setup imo.

And i just wanted to say, this should also be mentioned on the wiki.

And again, not because something is wrong or right, but just so we have
less e-mail here in the mailing, and there is more time for greater things/problems/help etc.

Greetz,

Louis