[Samba] "File is in use" error when I have one folder with content selected from one client and try to delete from other and both are OSX clients

Jorge Bueno Magdalena j.buenomagdalena at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 15:39:49 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a debian jessie server with sernet samba 4.2.8 installed.

The problem is when I try to delete a folder with content at the same time
that a client is selecting the same folder. In the first client give the
error because of the file is in use(the folder) but deletes all the content
and in a second time with the folder empty I can delete the folder fine.

I have other problem but I don't know how to reproduce because appear
sometimes and it is when I copy  several loca folders, with many files and
subfolders to the server. Finder gives me the error -43 at sometimes the
OSX client reboot the machine.

Regards,