[Samba] drs showrepl failures

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:57:52 UTC 2016

Hi Wayne,

Joining a new DC to a Samba AD domain most generally (for me at least) is
generating issue in showrepl.
To solve that you can try to reboot 1° FSMO owner 2° newly joined DC
Another option, which has my preference, is to force replication in both
ways:
1° FSMO replicate to newly joined DC
2° newly joined replicate on FSMO

For small DB this is quiet fast...

Forcing replication is done here using the following piece of shell code:
    # First replicate $fsmo_owner to $localhost
    for DIT in `ls $sam.d | grep -v metadata.tdb | sed -e s/.ldb$//`
    do
      echo $DIT
      samba-tool drs replicate $hostname $fsmo_owner $DIT
    done
    # Then replicate $localhost to $fsmo_owner
    for DIT in `ls $sam.d | grep -v metadata.tdb | sed -e s/.ldb$//`
    do
      echo $DIT
      samba-tool drs replicate $fsmo_owner $hostname $DIT
    done

Where fsmo_owner contains IP or hostname of FSMO owner and localhost is IP
or hostname of localhost.

Cheers,

mathias