[Samba] samba_dnsupdate NOTAUTH

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:28:21 UTC 2016

Thank you all guys for your help. I've been busy these days.

Today I exprienced some issues on users management on my Zentyal DC,
then I noticed that samba process was using lot of memory and paging
space was near 50% usage or even more. I had to kill the process and
starting again which in fact fixed my user management issue but I also
noticed that after that time I didn't get any more "NOTAUTH" errors
about samba_dnsupdate on my CentOS 7 PDC.

It's curious but maybe Zentyal DC running Samba was having some kind
of issue before that caused the other CentOS 7 DC to fail the DNS
replication.
Now I can run "samba_dnsupdate --verbose --all-names" without issues.

Thank you Rowland, after reading a bit about FSMO roles now I
understand that PDC & BDC terms are deprecated.

Have a nice day!